Pitch videos for projects and investment.
When you are invited to pitch for a project, whether that be a huge construction project or a tender to deliver IT support to a large business, you’ll be up against other talented companies. How can you be sure that your presentation, or pitch stand out from the competition?
Equally you might be looking for investment, either through a Crowdfunding site, or direct to venture capital firms, or high net worth investors. Getting their attention, explaining the proposition and coming across as highly professional is critical. What is the best way to do it? A pitch video.
How can a pitch video improve my chances of a positive outcome?
- Use animated video to explain how your process or workflow separates you from your competition
- Walk a buyer through your impressive premises with a video tour
- Tell a story in a pre-planned and consistent way that shows off your company ethos and culture
- High-level client testimonials can be very powerful in creating a sense of credibility
- Wow them with a full feature video of your previous accomplishments
- Coordinate with your key message structure with members of your team via video
There are lots of ways that we can help you to structure a pitch video so that you stand out amongst your rivals. We want to really work with you to create an edit that demonstrates the effort and investment you have put into winning the pitch and delivers a set of clear messages and visuals that ensure you stand out.
The introduction of Crowdfunding platforms has provided a bold alternative to traditional model of raising funds. The most common approach was to pitch the business idea to a small number of high-net-worth individuals or investment companies.
Crowdfunding allows the entrepreneur to sell their dream to a vast online community. Grassroots funding like this quickly spreads from friends and family to a wider network of people, reaching many more potential customers who are all willing to chip in small investments in a product they believe in. They are often rewarded with access to early prototypes, or discount on the product when it launches.
The videos for platforms like Kickstarter and GoFundMe highly recommend having a video on your funding page, making space for one right at the top of their campaign page templates. But just being there isn’t enough – quality is key to successful funding. Poorly executed homemade videos or long and drawn out videos could have a negative impact on your campaign so it’s important to get the professionals to do it.
Investment pitch videos are now pretty much essential for any Crowdfunding website, and very helpful in order to get an audience with venture capital firms, angels or high net worth individuals looking to invest. They get hundreds of invitations to invest and simply don’t have time to read long business plans.
By having a pitch video you can:
- Deliver core messages quickly, really honing it to the essentials
- Use an animated video to break it down a complex product or service that is new to the market
- Use full HD live footage to show off a visual product.
- If the business is largely about you or the team, why not put them front and centre so that the passion you have ooze from the screen
- Use motion graphics to mix up a proposition heavy with statistics, numbers or graphs
“There is a limit to how many of your team you can bring into a pitch, but with a video you can showcase all the depth of talent you have at your disposal without looking ‘mob handed’. When Apple launch a new product and wheel out all the big hitters, it grabs your attention and gives you comfort that you know all about the design, software, technology, engineering, materials……it’s effective.”
Okay, so what is the best way of producing a pitch video?
First off we have a conversation to see whether it is the right thing for you and your business, and right for the pitch you are attending. We’ll establish what budget you’re able to allocate to the video, because it has to make commercial sense. We would make it adaptable to be used as part of your marketing toolkit, increasing and extending the return on your investment. We’ll work out together what the best approach is, and the key messages, your timeline and then go through our normal process of video production, which you can find here.
If you have a big pitch coming up, why not come and speak to us to see if we can’t help edge your chances up a little.