Explainer videos for your business and your services.
Explainer Videos are a type of marketing video created to explain a complex product or service, or an offering that consumers may not be familiar with.
Animated explainer videos
Animated explainer videos are very helpful for businesses. They allow you to break down the message into easy illustrations that offer much more flexibility in delivering your business message.
You can use multiple scenes to show a snap shot of your business and how your business and services benefits their customers. Manufacturing industries work well with animated explainer videos, as often the parts of the product that do the cool things are hidden away or hard to understand. If your business isn’t very visual and does not have much to show on a live action video, you can use an animated explainer video to create something that is informative and will really engage your target audience. Some of the businesses that work best for this are office-based businesses such as accountants, recruitment, digital services, and products that aren’t physical or tangible – like software.
Live action explainer videos
Live action videos are perfect for businesses that have something visual to be captured with traditional video production. Examples that suit a live action explainer video are:
- A new product that has lots of cool features, so people can see it in action
- Technology that is hard to understand – or believe is possible – without seeing it work
- Buildings or locations that are beautiful to behold
- Any product that is an experience – a festival, escape room, or a luxury hotel
- Food – people eat with their eyes first so if your thing is food and they can’t see it you are missing a trick!
If your business has a product or service that is brand new, explaining it visually will allow customers to buy-in from the get-go. Words often fail to captivate potential clients at the first instance, but videos are engaging. Consider how popular ‘unboxing’ videos are on YouTube.
Even if your product or service isn’t brand new, using an explainer video to showcase your USP will enable customers to quickly understand why they should be choosing you, and not your competitors. Use your explainer video to challenge customers’ thinking and establish yourself as an authority figure.
“There are multiple occasions when your product or service needs some explanation. Not just because it is overly complicated or difficult to use, it might be completely new or have features that need to be explained in order to get the best out of it. The most common explainer videos are for software so that customers can understand how to get the very best from them. If you explain it, the chances of getting a sale increase dramatically, and video is the best way to do that.”
How are explainer videos made?
It depends on the type of video and product, or service. Live action video production can either be filmed at your premises, or we can use our studio. Some products or services may require context for them to make sense – like a garden fence being installed. And some products may shine more when they are the only thing in shot, like a brand new stylish glasses case. Remember, the key to this video is explaining the product in a way that will increase sales.
- First we organise a meeting to establish the key message for your video: Our team takes the time to learn about the product and service, what problem it solves and the benefits to your customers
- Arrange finer details such as the shoot day, the shot-list and a complete storyboard, so you know exactly how your video will look
- Location shoot
- Post production: editing, audio mastering, colour grading, soundtrack and/or voiceover
- If required, we can add additional elements to the edit such as inter-titles, lower third credits, motion tracking or on-screen graphics
- Render, export and transfer – your video is ready to show to the world!
Our top tips for making the most of explainer videos
The great thing about explainer videos is that they can be used to drive traffic to your website and generate strong leads.
We recommend showing off the explainer video on your homepage so visitors quickly understand your product or service. You could also build a blog post around the video, and turn the release of your new product or service into a marketing campaign with the video at the centre.
We also suggest pushing it out on social media in order to maximise its potential. Quickly build up a network of shares and likes – as well as paid search results – so that the video begins to pay for itself.
Social media is increasingly favouring video content over text and images, so it’s well worth considering posting your explainer video over a variety of platforms to increase your reach. The analytics and metrics from these websites are very powerful and will help you target a precise audience of potential customers.
- Facebook adverts
- Sponsored Instagram posts
- Pay per click campaign through YouTube (which will be cheaper than Google Ads)
You could use it as part of a presentation in your networking group, you can even use it at the start of a sales pitch, send to potential customers so they ‘get what you do’ quickly and embed it in your e-mail signature. Because how many times in a week can you deliver a professional 90 second pitch?