When is the best time to post your corporate video on social media?
It’s increasingly important to use social media channels to reach your potential customers, but it isn’t enough just to have an online presence. Knowing when to post your new corporate video on social media can be the difference between its success and failure, making sure it reaches the right people and the biggest possible audience.
It’s not an exact science and there’s not a one-size-fits-all answer, but there’s enough analytics and common sense theories to make some informed decisions about when is best for your intended audience to see your content, whether it’s an explainer video or a promotional video.
There are a few factors you should consider. Is your company and/or product are B2B or B2C? What time of day are your customers likely to be on their phones or social media? Where are they? If they are in public do they need captions? And how do these factors influence what call to action you want to nudge the viewers towards? What social media network are they on?
Best time to post a video on Facebook:
- People access Facebook on both desktop and mobile devices
- Facebook sees a peak in desktop activity at around 9am, when people arrive and work and go online for the first time of the day
- Click-through rates increase over lunchtime
- The 3-4pm workplace productivity lull is a good time to post for both B2C and B2B
- Posts from 1-3pm on Thursday and Friday have the most engagement rates – 18% higher than the rest of the week
- Although Facebook is more crowded on weekdays, people pay more attention and engage – comment and share – more on Sundays
Best time to post a video on Instagram
- Mobile device social network, so people will be on the move, likely to be in public.
- 1pm is a high traffic time on Instagram – people check their phone at lunch time!
- 5pm peaks again, as people leave work and check in on their feed
- Most activity is mostly outside of work hours, with a small window of increased activity between 3-4 when concentration levels dip at work and people take an afternoon break.
- Instagram is most popular Monday-Saturday, but Friday is the best day to post.
Best time to post a video on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is a B2B social network so you should aim to post within office hours
- Aim to post on LinkedIn between 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- The best days to post on Linkedin are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Best time to post a video on Twitter
- Twitter is used on both desktop and mobile devices, at work and in downtime as something to read whilst on a break or a commute.
- As such, commuting times 8am-10am and 6-9pm are good times to tweet
- B2C can tweet even later, with 7-9pm still being a popular time for customers to be online
- If you want to get the most possible retweets and clickthroughs, post at lunch or the evening commute.
- Pin your important video content to the top of your Twitter feed as the high turnover of posts means content can get lost very quickly
- For B2B, the best time to post is Mon-Thurs where there are the highest average click-through rates
As you can see there are a number of things to consider, but even with the best data available, you know your product and customers better than anyone! Make considered choices about when posts will get seen most, and what action you want the viewers to take and watch your likes, comments and shares go up and up!