Training videos, either for internal or external use.
To keep your standards high, your skills at the industry cutting-edge and your customers serviced as well as they should be, you need to invest in training videos.
The two things that always get cut in hard times are training and marketing budgets. However, these are arguable two of the most important aspects of business. Why? Because properly trained staff increases productivity, raises customer satisfaction and saves you money in the long-run.
At Square Daisy we can create a suite of training videos that can be used for your staff in a host of ways.
- Consistency of message for every member of staff
- Training videos removes logistical issues and costs. Use a video to cut down on the travel, accommodation and peripheral costs of training. Staff can complete training at home or at the desk.
- It is entirely scalable. One video can reach 10, 20, 200, 2000 people at the very same time, meaning the cost per session is reduced on an ongoing basis
- The trainer can be a recognisable face in the company. Employees will have respect for them and the knowledge that they hold.
- Showcase environments and scenarios which may ordinarily be impossible to do in a session due to travel requirement, or access during business hours
- Simplify health and safety training and other induction elements, perfect for new starters
- Depending on the number of staff and the cost of the training you normally deliver, our cost per head for training videos becomes a fraction of what is normally paid out.
The training videos can be a mixture of delivery options, offering you complete flexibility
- A presenter against a green screen delivering to camera using an autocue
- Graphics on screen showing how something works, a calculation or a product listing
- Live action videography that shows how to actually do something. Use motion tracking or on screen bullet points to really enhance the viewers understanding of what is happening
- Animations to generate a greater understanding
- Screencast tutorials can show staff how to do certain tasks within systems or programmes specific to your business.
There are so many options with training videos to help your staff to become better at what they do:
- Induction videos that show the company structure and feature some messages from key staff and footage from various sites. This gives a personal welcome to the company before the new recruit even gets in the building, from important staff like the CEO who may not be able to meet the new employees in person. It could include logistical information like parking, cloakrooms and how to access the building before you get your pass card.
- Health and safety videos that ensure viewers are able to understand the risks and hazards in their new workplace. By having health and safety training videos made specifically for your business and not one-size-fits-all H&S training it also shows your new staff that you are willing to invest in their safety and training.
- Product training. Some of the products you sell may be technical or include features that are important to know about when selling them to customers. The more confident your employees are about the products, the better they will be at conveying the key information customers need to make an informed purchase.
- Process training. The processes that your business uses have been refined and streamlined over time and probably seem quite obvious and straight forward to you, however for a new person they could be confusing and difficult to remember. By explaining the process step-by-step in a training video the new staff will be able to understand why each stage happens when it does and this in turn will help them remember. This could be live action, or animated depending on the process you want to convey.
- Customers service training and any other guidance that your team may require – as you develop new procedures and incentives it can be time consuming to train each member of staff individually. You can use a training video as an introduction or example of the perfect scenario by including a role play and some training from a central source in the company.
As a full service digital agency we are also able to offer web development skills to create an internal training platform where all the courses are in-house. Complete with password login, tests, workbooks and completion records offering a digital record of staff engagement.
This turns a one-off training video into an educational course on and interactive learning platform, where you can truly track the progress and training of your staff.
People are increasingly turning to YouTube to teach themselves ‘How to…” do something, so self-training is a trend that is set to continue. You can maximise on this trend by creating a suite of videos your staff can turn to as extra-curricular learning, but with the benefit of delivering a controlled and bespoke message rather than them learning from a pool of amateurs and unreliable sources on the web.
Instructional videos for your customers
In the digital age we live in the paper instruction manual is even more redundant than ever before. With Google at our finger tips and the wide-spread adoption of IOT assistants like Alexa and Siri, we can ask questions at lightning speed.
Many companies have done away with paper manuals, instead opting for an online digital wizard with bite size training videos for consumers to access to configure their new purchase. This could form part of a wider suite of videos to show them how to use the key functions and demonstrate other important features.
These product training videos can add value and even convert browsers to customers, by reassuring how easy it is to use your product. They also demonstrate to the customer that your company is reliable and has invested in the customer experience.
Because online training videos can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection, it dramatically reduces the need for trainees or trainers to travel to receive their training. Lots of small changes like this reduce the carbon footprint of the company which in turn contributes to their CSR and shows both staff and customers know that you are making an effort.
Examples of Training Videos
What Our Clients Say
Nicolle Kane - Marketing Manager, Memset
Square Daisy recently produced two videos, the team made the whole project painless and simple, from scriptwriting to storyboards. While the videos are part of the relaunch of the company next year, they have already proven a hit internally. And we're already planning more for next year! Could not recommend working with Square Daisy enough!
Russ Mckenzie - Managing Director, nTrust
We work with Square Daisy on both web and video projects and have always found them to be extremely professional and a joy to work with. While they are highly process driven to ensure clients get what they need first time, this doesn't compromise the creative way that they approach every project to ensure an engaging and innovative video production. Can't recommend them highly enough.
Olivia Pattullo - Project Manager, Experience Guildford
From the first meeting on, Jovan and Amy were total superstars and made us feel like the task was completely achievable and had really clear ideas about how they were going to present it all. Aside from making the whole process as easy as possible for us, we couldn't have been happier with the end result and were really impressed that such a brilliant product was delivered in very tight timescales.
Giles Thomas - Operations Director, The Manor Collection Hotels
We have contracted Square Daisy on several occasions to help market the Manor Collection Hotels. They have always been very professional and offered a fantastic service from proposal to completion. Jovan and Amy have been a delight to work with and we wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone.
Chris Veale - Director, Shippo
I can't talk highly enough of Square Daisy. Over the last couple of years they've made our business 4 fantastic videos. The first, an animated video to explain the service, has been viewed tens of thousands of times and has been a window to our service offering for potential customers. The others were 'talking heads' to allow us to explain more complicated aspects of the industry. The design, editing, videography and project management is exceptional and I will be using them again.
James Groves - Marketing Services Manager, Raven Housing Trust
We approached Square Daisy with a brief to produce a video that would help us get our messages across to our customers in a simple, yet engaging way. They absolutely nailed it. The animation video they produced for us is professional, quality, and it gets our messages across really well. It's been a pleasure working with Jovan and Amy, and we look forward to working with them on future projects.
Dave Povey - Founder and MD, Catchy
Recently had a video produced by square daisy for my new product. The service that I received from start to finish was 100%, couldnt fault them at all! Everything was done to how I imagined it and more, and the finished product was excellent. Would recommend them to anyone.