Animated video production is great at emphasising facts or statistics, and really useful for explaining a complex process, or building empathy with character animation for services where the customer is at the centre of the narrative.
Animated video production and motion graphics.
Animated video production for business is a very powerful way of letting your customers know what you do, and how you do it better than your competitors. Whether you choose a character animation or infographic, video can be very engaging way to attract your target audience.
Animated videos work really well for businesses that want to demonstrate their creativity. As we are not bound by what you can physically film, there are no restrictions on what is possible, so let your imagination run wild! If you sell a product or a service, you can use an animated video to demonstrate things in a more direct way.
“We believe there are a several areas where animated video production is much better than traditional video production.”
Software or online platforms are normally quite functional. Useful, but not necessarily sexy. If your business sells software, you want to communicate to your customers the problem it solves and the benefits it brings. Animated video production allows you to paint a journey for your audience without having to film an actual computer screen, which creates a flicker. Having an animated video with ‘mocked up screens’ will allow you to go into detail as to how your product will change customers’ lives, and why they should buy from you. You can also stylise your platform so that it isn’t completely representative of your system, as this can timestamp a video can quickly expire when the software is updated or changed around.
Businesses that sell an office-based service don’t have too much to show off. Customers are not interested in desks, paperwork and computers! They want to know quickly, and efficiently, what you can do for them. So you could have an employee sitting in a chair to talk about the services offered, but perhaps this is not the most engaging option available. With an animated video you can create multiple scenarios, and add text and statistics on screen to deliver a more relevant and interesting script. Animation does not mean casual or childish: we produce highly professional, sophisticated animated videos to appeal to your client group.
Imagine a video with multiple locations, fancy sets and complicated scenarios. Now consider how much time, effort and money you would need to have a crew travel to multiple destinations with additional days on set. Not to mention the extra editing time and actor budgets. With an animated video you can create everything thing you need from the comfort of our offices. With our animated video for business Square Daisy gives you value for money, more control over the final production and the ability to tailor the video to your exact needs.
For many businesses the true value of the their service offering is in their process – something that they have refined and streamlined to create the best possible experience for their customers.
The processes that are the bread-and-butter of your business are second nature to you, but someone external to the business may not understand the steps that you go through to provide your product or service. Whether you are B2B or B2C, by creating an animated process video we can tell your audience how you do what you do, and explain the true value of your service offering.
The animation could be based around a flowchart, or a step-by-step demonstration. Diagrams work really well on paper, so just imagine how much more of an impact they would have with moving parts!
“The great benefit that animated video production has over live action productions is that with live action, you can only film what exists. With an animated or motion graphics production we can create the playground within which to tell your story – we are only limited by our own creativity and technology, and neither of those elements are particularly limiting.”
How do you create an animated video?
The process is quite straightforward but there are a number of steps that need to be confirmed before we start, because once the video is animated making changes becomes time consuming and fiddly. We aim to ensure everything is just as you like it before we start. Our process is:
- Establish the key messages of your video, taking into account your business history and target audience – we ensure the tone is tailored to your ideal customer
- Create a script to make sure that the most effective points are told in a succinct way
- Get the voiceover recorded, this will determine the pace of the animation
- Develop a storyboard so you can see how we plan to ‘tell the story’ on screen
- Once storyboard amends have been made and approved, we create the graphics in Illustrator or Photoshop
- Animate the assets and edit the scenes together using a piece of software called After Effects
- The soundtrack is overlaid and then we send to you for any final changes
- Your video is available to push out everywhere and anywhere!
Why choose Square Daisy?
As an agency our value is not only in our technical ability to manipulate graphics, but also in our process. We advise you on what we feel will work best, based on our experience and understanding of what is possible. The team at Square Daisy each specialise in different things, and together we will create you a product that will help your business sell more and ensure that the right people see it.
Our top tips for getting your animated video production out there:
- Upload your animated video to YouTube. Write a great description so it is easily found by your potential customers. Use YouTube’s own pay per click campaign as it is often cheaper than a Google pay per click campaign
- Use Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and add to your Google+ page to make sure that it reaches as many relevant people as possible
- Use it as part of your sales presentations and in meetings so that potential clients understand your selling points straight away